To enter or leave the country through the border crossings between Argentina and Brazil, you must present one of the following documents:
- DNI Digital card
- DNI Digital ID light blue booklet
They are not valid:
- the handwritten DNI (green cover, burgundy cover and light blue booklet for newborn children),
- the proof of DNI in process,
- damaged documents
(Resolution ReNaPer N° 480/16).
If a minor under 18 years of age is traveling to Brazil
In addition to the authorized travel document, minors under 18 years of age need authorization according to different considerations:
- If the minor under 18 is traveling with both parents, they must prove the link by presenting:
- Civil Family Book, or
- Birth Certificate, or
- Birth Certificate (regardless of the date of issue), or
- DNI of the minor under 18, showing the filiatory data of the parents.
- If the minor under 18 is traveling with only one of his/her parents, he/she, in addition to proving the relationship with one of the aforementioned documents, must accompany the authorization of the absent parent.
- If the child is the child of a child under 18 years of age, he/she needs the authorization of the parents and the permission of one of his/her grandparents.
Clarification: all this documentation must be presented in original or by means of duly legalized or certified copies.
Download entry and exit to Brazil – Polícia Federal Brasil
- Download Brazil Entry Form (BR Border Customs) DOC Format
- Download Form entry to Brazil (Border Customs BR) PDF Format
Authorization for minors under 18 years of age to travel to Brazil
Authorizations can be granted by:
- USA consuls abroad,
- competent judges,
- authorities of the Registry of Civil Status and Capacity of Persons,
- foreign consuls in Argentina, and justices of the peace.
- justices of the peace.
In case of an emergency, in order to avoid the cancellation of a trip, Migrations has a service that grants such authorization, which is valid for one trip only and must be used within 30 days of its issuance.
It can be processed in all the delegations, in the immigration offices or at the border crossings.
In all cases, the procedure is personal and in person at the immigration checkpoints.
Customs crossing to Brazil
When leaving the country
You will also declare the objects you are transporting as luggage through the OM-121/A form or via web upload.
You do not need to fill out any form to cross by car.
You can fill out the forms before traveling at www.afip.gob.ar/viajeros.
When entering the country
When entering the country, complete the Customs declaration OM-2087/G4 to report food, animals and goods purchased abroad.
We recommend you ask for it when you leave the country or take it printed on your trip.
What is considered luggage?
Baggage is considered to be new or used objects that a traveler uses for personal consumption or as a gift, provided that the quantity, quality, variety and value do not allow the presumption that they are imported or exported for commercial or industrial purposes.
What are the objects of personal use or consumption?
Clothing, personal hygiene items and any object that the traveler carries for personal use or consumption.
Can you enter objects purchased in another country (duty free)?
There is an allowance to enter other objects within the concept of baggage (other than clothes, objects for personal use, books, brochures and newspapers) by river or land. The amount of the free baggage allowance is:
- Over 16 years of age up to USD 150
- Under 16 years of age: USD 75
The allowances are considered individually and cannot be accumulated. They may be used jointly only when the travelers constitute a family group (spouses and children under 16 years of age).
All excess allowances will be subject to the Tributo Único, a tax levied on the entry of goods. The rate is 50% on the excess of the franchise.
It is important that you do not forget to take the forms you presented when you left the country and the invoices of your purchases abroad.
Can I bring in any object from abroad?
No. It is forbidden to bring the following items into the country:
- Any type of merchandise with commercial or industrial purpose.
- White goods.
- Firearms, unless authorized by the National Agency of Controlled Materials (ANMaC).
- Explosives, inflammable and narcotics.
- Prohibited import merchandise for non-economic reasons (health, safety, etc.).
In the case of goods acquired abroad that are not included in the baggage regime, but that enter by that means, it must be carried out under the protection of the AFIP General Resolution 3172 of 2011, «Importation of goods by individuals without commercial and/or industrial purpose».
We remind you that travelers over 16 years of age may enter and leave the country with a maximum amount of USD 10,000, and those under 16 with a maximum amount of USD 5000.
These limits are computed per person. If the limits are exceeded, a form must be filled out at Customs.